Do you love to cook, bake and spend time in the kitchen? I have to admit – I really don’t. But I love to treat kitties with delicious treats from time to time so I’ve picked out a few simple DIY cat treats that I’m sharing with you today. These yummy treats mostly require only a few ingredients so if you also prefer being outside of the kitchen, it will only take a little of your time to make something special for your feline.
Before you start baking and treating your kitty with these delicious goodies, keep in mind that treats for cats are like cookies for humans. They taste excellent and we love to eat them, but they are not something you should eat every day and in large quantities. The same applies to cats and kitty treats – they shouldn’t make the majority of your cat’s diet. To be exact, treats should not make more than 5% of your cat’s daily food intake. To be on the safe side, limit the number of treats you give to your feline to 3-4 treats a day.
Some of these recipes contain tuna which should not be given to young kittens because of the amount of mercury it contains.
Now, let’s get bakin’ and makin’ goodies for our kitties.
- 11 Easy DIY Cat Treats
- 1. Homemade Chicken & Cranberry Cat Treats from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- 2. My Own Tuna & Honey Cat Treats
- 3. Figaro’s Favourite Cat Treats from My 3 Little Kittens
- 4. Homemade Salmon and Catnip Cat Treats from The Cookie Rookie
- 5. Homemade Cat Treats Recipe from Mess for Less
- 6. Healthy Homemade Cat Treats Recipe from Wellness Mama
- 7. Homemade Salmon Cat Treats Recipe from Miss Molly Says
- 8. 3 Ingredient Salmon Cat Treats from The Cookie Rookie
- 9. DIY Pumpkin Tuna Cat Treats from Animallama
- 10. Homemade Tuna Cat Treats Your Cat Will Go Crazy For from Supakit
- 11. Another one of my own, DIY Green Tuna Cat Treat Recipe
11 Easy DIY Cat Treats
1. Homemade Chicken & Cranberry Cat Treats from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Cat approved and needing only 6-ingredients! This recipe for homemade chicken and cranberry cat treats is sure to win your furry family members over. See the recipe at All Roads Lead to the Kitchen.
2. My Own Tuna & Honey Cat Treats
There’s nothing wrong with spoiling our pets from time to time with tasty treats. Especially when they’re homemade and we know exactly what’s in them! It’s a great way to bond with the kitties too. See this recipe here.
3. Figaro’s Favourite Cat Treats from My 3 Little Kittens
If the treats your cat loves are becoming too expensive, this budget-friendly and cat approved recipe might be just what you need! See the recipe at My 3 Little Kittens.
Free Printable: 50 Ways to Entertain Your Cat
Does your cat need more fun activities to keep them busy throughout the day? Subscribe to my newsletter and receive a list of 50 ways to entertain your cat. Your kitty will never be bored again!
4. Homemade Salmon and Catnip Cat Treats from The Cookie Rookie
Is your kitty an enthusiastic catnip user? They will love this tasty recipe! Your favorite felines are sure to come running when you offer them one of these yummy homemade cat treats! See the recipe at The Cookie Rookie.
5. Homemade Cat Treats Recipe from Mess for Less
Is eating your cat’s favorite thing to do? Well, they will love these easy-to-whip-up treats! This recipe is easily made in a food processor and I love that they rise, or puff up, a little in the baking process! See the recipe at Mess for Less.
6. Healthy Homemade Cat Treats Recipe from Wellness Mama
There are several healthy, good-for-your-cat ingredients in this treat recipe, including coconut oil! See the recipe at Wellness Mama.
7. Homemade Salmon Cat Treats Recipe from Miss Molly Says
Even the pickiest cat won’t be able to resist these crunchy homemade cat treats! With just a little effort you can bake a bunch of kitty treats for a fraction of the cost of regular commercial treats, and you know exactly what is going into them! See the recipe at Miss Molly Says.
8. 3 Ingredient Salmon Cat Treats from The Cookie Rookie
Crunchy and fish shaped, these homemade cat treats will be irresistible to your felines! And with only 3 ingredients, you can whip these up in no time. See the recipe at The Cookie Rookie.
9. DIY Pumpkin Tuna Cat Treats from Animallama
This is another one of my recipes, published on my first pet blog Animallama where I blogged about cats before launching Meows ‘n’ Paws. The recipe includes pumpkin and tuna and it’s great to spoil your cat from time to time (but not too often because of the tuna). See the recipe at Animallama.
10. Homemade Tuna Cat Treats Your Cat Will Go Crazy For from Supakit
With just 2 (that’s right TWO!) ingredients, this homemade treat recipe is easy, cat approved and grain free! I can definitely see this one being a hit with the kitties in your life! See the recipe at Supakit.
11. Another one of my own, DIY Green Tuna Cat Treat Recipe
Containing a few basic ingredients, these homemade cat treats are great for spoiling your kitty. A combination of yummy and fresh ingredients that your cat will be delighted to try! See the recipe here.
Now that you have this many cat treat recipes in hand, you can get that apron on and make some kitty happiness cookies! I’m sure your cat will love it.