Does your cat enjoy some good tuna? Treat your kitty with these delicious tuna cookies that you’ll finish in no time. Although tuna is not something you should feed your feline frequently due to a high amount of mercury, a few tuna treats once in a while won’t hurt. As long as you don’t make these kitty cookies every day or every week, your cat will be just fine enjoying a bit of tuna.
All you need for these snacks are a few basic ingredients – tuna, eggs, honey, carrots and rice flour. Half an hour from now, your kitty can enjoy their yummy snack!
To be on the safe side, it’s best not to feed these treats to young kittens. Furthermore, limit the amount you give to your adult cat to maximum 4 treats a day.
GET YOUR CAT CARE PLANNER!
A PDF Printable to Keep Track of Your Cat’s Health & Well-Being. Designed To Make Your Life Easier & Your Kitty Healthier And Happier!
DIY Tuna & Honey Cat TreatsMonika Does your cat enjoy some good tuna? Treat your kitty with these delicious tuna cookies that you’ll finish in no time. Although tuna is not something you should feed your feline frequently due… Print This
- cooked fresh tuna 2.5 ounces / 70 grams
- eggs 2 ounces / 60 grams
- honey 1.77 ounces / 50 grams
- carrots 0.7 ounces / 20 grams
- rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Roast fresh tuna and pumpkin until smooth. Cool and crush.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, add the carrot peeled and grated, tuna and honey. If its necessary add some rice flour and mix step by step until a homogeneous dough remains. Form little balls of the mixture and sprinkle with some rice flour.
- Place the treats on a greased paper tray and bake at 180 C for 10-15 minutes, Rest at room temperature.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for 1 week.
Keep in mind: Don’t feed your cats with more than four treats in one day and don’t give the treats to kittens. This recipe contains tuna as the main ingredient. Although the diet of cats includes fish, tuna is the least recommended because of the high amount of mercury. You can replace the tuna in this recipe with other fish, for example, sardines.
Do you make treats for your feline? Let me know in the comments!