After making my first DIY cat treats with tuna and honey, this time I’ve put my hands to work and made green tuna cat cookies with some healthy veggies. The treats are made with 6 simple ingredients and they are easy to make. But a little bit of effort is always worthwhile when it comes to our kitties! Keep in mind that if you have a kitten, it’s better to not give them anything containing tuna because of the amount of mercury in it. So save this recipe for when they are an adult cat.
The ingredients that go into these treats are:
- cooked fresh tuna
- olive oil
- integral oat flour
BTW, in Europe, we use grams but I converted the amounts to ounces too, for your convenience, if you are from the US.
Green Tuna Cat Cookies RecipeMonika After making my first DIY cat treats with tuna and honey, this time I’ve put my hands to work and made green tuna cat cookies with some healthy veggies. The… Print This
- cooked fresh tuna 160 gr / 5.6 ounces
- eggs 60 gr / 2.2 ounces (1 egg is mostly enough)
- spinach 20 gr / 0.7 ounce
- broccoli 20 gr / 0.7 ounce
- olive oil 20 gr / 0.7 ounce
- integral oat flour 200 gr / 7 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Roast fresh tuna and broccoli until smooth. Cool and crush. Liquify the spinach.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, add liquified spinach, olive oil, tuna and broccoli. Add the oatmeal and mix step by step until a homogenous dough remains. Rest 5 minutes.
- Spread the dough up to 1 cm thick. Cut with molds of your choice. Place the cookies on a greased paper tray and bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes. Rest at room temperature.
Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.
Tip: Don’t feed your cats with these snacks more than 4 times a day. Those are treats after all.
This recipe contains tuna as the main ingredient. Although the diet of cats includes fish, tuna is the least recommended because of the amount of sodium and magnesium that can cause alterations over time so don’t give your cats these tuna cookies on a daily basis. You can replace the tuna with other fish such as sardines too, for example.
Pin the recipe for later
Free Printable: 50 Ways to Entertain Your Cat
Does your cat need more fun activities to keep them busy throughout the day? Subscribe to my newsletter and receive a list of 50 ways to entertain your cat. Your kitty will never be bored again!
Well, I hope you liked my recipe and that you’ll treat your kitties with these delicious cookies. Don’t forget that these are cookies after all and they shouldn’t make a large portion of your cat’s diet. Treating them from time to time is just fine, but not something to feed them every day.
Let me know how your cat liked the cookies in the comment!